Monday, 23 February 2009

rehab team equipment - KA PAI! KIAORA!


today the rehab OT came with some equipment to help around the house - a tilting under the bed table and a kitchen trolley, all good quality enduring materials and on caastors. I am delighted as suddenly a whole rhelm of possibilities has opened up for me. It's been hard the times in bed - being upright is often so draining but now I have a means to be able to continue to work and plan whilst being mostly horizontal and I'm so thrilled. it gives me possibility and hope back instead of hopelessness and frustration.
The table can tilt to almost vertical as well as lie flat - so going to be a useful piece fo equipment whether in bed or not. Very excited about it and the possibilities it opens up both for self and being able to teach. It also means i will be able to have meetings lying down so I can cognitively function far better Nd still eb able to take notes or explain things using a paper shee on the table of I ened to. Yahoo. PTL

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been here for a while... I was just reading through some posts - always very inspiring to see what you are working on - such a wide variety of mediums and ideas!!

Anyway this one caught my eye, I know you have been looking for something like this for a while... what a brilliantly simple yet effective idea! So useful! Really happy for you, Nicky. This is going to make things so much easier for you.

Way cool!! - Tim

Anonymous said...

Tim, you have been such a dear friend and support for so long now - thank you for your encouragement and yes - it's a marvelous tool to have. Yahoo!