Monday, 27 April 2009

red yarn

Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays I have set aside for art and creativity BUT today I was SOOOOO unmotivated and struggling...


Worked on an artschool exercise (quick sketches of figure drawing) and by the time had finished thought 'wow that would look GREAT as a design on one of my old storage boxes' (a recycled supermarket wine box ) so while the inspiration was there painted up some cards and part way through painting up the storage box in the same design.


Initially it was just a sketch of four different figures but had wanted to link them together somehow so hence adding the red 'yarn'.


The background of the card is painted in Resenes 'Lima' and the figures and yarn were done in bed using gouache. Box is also in Lima for the base, have not done the figures on it yet

2 comments:

Chameleon said...

What a clever way to decorate boxes. I love the way you've linked the figures together, finishes it off nicely. Reminds me of the family getting the christmas lights ready to put up!

Nicky said...

haha - me also - think i may do my christmas cards like that...

Stephy thought they were like individual dancers being linked together by the threads - she liked them also...

think I shal do a little more exploration...